Saturday, December 11, 2010

Blog Stage 8

I agree with my classmate, Danielle, and her views on nutrition. I think that it would be a good idea for the government to become more involved in improving the health of the children in the United States. Some steps have already been taken at some schools, like removing vending machines or replacing the junk food in the machines to something healthier. I think that the Child Nutrition Bill seems like a better idea because it is also doing things like expanding the eligibility requirements for school lunch programs.

I believe that involving a healthier lifestyle at school is important for a child but a lot of the influence comes from the home child's home life. Like Danielle stated, she "grew up in a middle class home but nutrition was not a priority. Not because my parents hate me. Physical exercise was a daily part of my life. But, I also drank sodas and ate ice cream every night as well." I believe that nutrition information, classes, etc. needs to also be more readily available to all of the United States. Improving one's health is easier to do as a child but that does not mean to just give up on the older generations, especially when they are the ones that are influencing the younger generations.

The United States has an obesity problem.  I support my classmate's views and the Child Nutrition Bill to be the start of making it a healthier country.

No comments:

Post a Comment